Saturday, December 12, 2009

DVD Review "The Firm-Ultimate Fat-Burning Collection"


Recently I felt the need to change my workout. Even though I am a fitness instructor I get bored easily. I don't usually work out in a gym since I am with clients or teaching classes at the prime times. I am therefore left with the same dilemma many of you suffer. What do I do to workout and when do I have the time? This is what lead me back to home dvd's. I forgot how challenging they can be. This week I tried "The Firm-Ultimate Fat-Burning Collection" and I have to say it was a great workout. There are 4 different workouts on the DVD. All workouts are under an hour and the only optional equipment are hand weights. I would definitely get some hand weights if you work out regularly. You will need 3-8 lb weights.

The girls are great at cueing the moves and they don't say a lot of obnoxious witty small talk that would make you batty by the sixth time you used the workout. I love the total body workout they all provide. They all start with a 5 minute warm-up, take you through a 25-30 minute interval training set, abs on the floor for about 5 minutes and then end with a great stretch. My heart rate definitely got up especially when I incorporated the hand weights.

My only gripe is they claim "Results In 10 Workouts". That is a hard claim to substantiate. I don't know if you will walk out in 10 sessions ready for a playboy spread or anything but if you give it your all and you are consistent you will feel stronger in 10-15 sessions.

I paid $14.95 for the DVD which I think is a great price for 4 workouts. Plus, three of the workouts come with a bonus express version for those short on time.

Always check with your physician before starting any exercise routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment